Monday 1 July 2013

Less is More Challenge Week 126 - Lucky Dip

The Challenge at Less is More this week is Sand.

I have had to scrape around a bit for this one as sand is a bit thin on the ground here!

Anyway, I found this Clarity Stamp which I have had for some time and thought that I could adapt that.

This is the final result . . . .

Sending You Sunshine



Supplies: Clarity Stamps
Clearly Besotted Stamps

I die cut a piece of card and using torn paper for a mask, I started to create a scene by lightly sponging the sky with Versa Magic 'Aquatic Splash' chalk ink. 

A punched out disk was used as a mask for the sun and then lightly sponged over with 'Pink Grapefruit' and 'Persimmon'.  

It is possible to create the image of mountains by changing the angle of the mask as you gradually work down the picture.  I stamped the image - which incidentally is a figure sunbathing under a tree - with Versa Magic 'Eggplant'.

At the bottom I sponged the sand in 'Sunflower Yellow' and embossed in Sparkle N Sprinkle embossing powder.

I finished off by mounting the picture on a piece of sand coloured textured card and stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted.

I hope that this will be 'Sandy ' enough.

That is all for now.

Thanks so much for visiting.

Margaret x





6 comments:

  1. What a pretty scene Margaret!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, this is absolutely stunning!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card & superb sponging.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Margaret, Love the colours and your sponging is beautiful.
    Hugs Mau xx
    Been having a look at your creations and they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous inking margaret

    Thanks for joining us this week x
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning - a little work of art Margaret!! x

    ReplyDelete