Thursday 5 September 2013

Less is More Challenge Week 135 - Use a Rubber Stamp


The challenge at Less is More this week is to use a rubber stamp with watercolours if possible. The design team joining in is from Penny Black - you can find loads of inspiration on the Penny Black Blog.

The watercolour aspect of this is a bit of a challenge for me as I have been trying to master the art for years without much success but I did find it a slightly easier using Distress Inks.

This is the final result . . . .


Thinking of You



The rubber stamp is a very old one from The Stamp Man and the sentiment is from LOTV.

I stamped the image with Distress Ink 'Aged Mahogany' and 'Shabby Shutters' on to watercolour paper and then using a damp brush I hoped for the best and pulled the colour in from the edges of the image hopefully giving a watercolour effect.

That is all for now. 

Hope you have a good weekend.

Thanks for visiting.

Margaret x





2 comments:

  1. Hi Margret, Your card is really pretty and I think your water colouring technique is perfect for these flowers, I love it! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. just lovely

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete